Photograph by Charles Chan
A portion of every Ceylon tea you purchase from Drink T's specialty tea collection will go directly to Sri Lanka Care's effort in assisting families break the cycle of poverty. Read more.
The mission of Sri Lanka Care, a 501(c)(3) public charity, is to fight poverty and deliver social change through educational and community development initiatives. The projects we support are selected based on their capacity to meaningfully impact the communities we serve on a long‐term basis.
To that end, Sri Lanka Care has:
- built over 306 permanent homes for families in need
- rehabilitated 6 schools by adding classroom wings, toilet blocks and/or computer labs
- outfitted six computer laboratories in rural schools with computers, furniture and, where needed, a teacher
- provided educational assistance for more than 100 school students a year since 2009
- provided 27 vocational training sponsorships as part of a pilot program geared toward economic development
IN THEIR WORDS...